«Return to News ListingNMCTR is Hiring a Herd Manager
January 25, 2022 –
NMCTR IS HIRING!
Position: Part-time Herd Manager
Responsibilities: Provides the utmost care for the NMCTR equines according to PATH Intl. and NMCTR guidelines while maintaining volunteer and horse safety.
Herd Management: The Herd Manager responsibilities for herd management include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides proper health and nutrition of all horses, under the direct guidance and supervision of the Program Director, including but not limited to: Medical care, hoof care, weight management, and maintaining appropriate fitness level
- Attends all veterinarian and farrier visits.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of tack with quarterly safety checks.
- Will work closely with the Program Director to create a weekly exercise schedule for each equine
Volunteer Management: The herd Manager assists with the management of the volunteers, includes but is not limited to the following:
- Supervises all volunteers to ensure tasks are completed as they were assigned.
- Coordinates different volunteer opportunities that involve the equines.
- Mentors volunteers to become proficient at assigned tasks.
Record Keeping: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inputs all equine and volunteer records in an online database
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org