«Return to News ListingExecutive Director Job Description – APPLY NOW
August 9, 2021 –
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Employee Classification: Full Time
Starting Salary: $55,000/year
Start Date: Immediate Opening
The Executive Director should have a Bachelor’s degree, non-profit management or business education preferred; experience in public speaking with the ability to communicate diplomatically and enthusiastically with others; must have a successful track record of fundraising from multiple revenue sources that include the philanthropic, public, and private sectors; current PATH Intl. Membership (at time of hire).
Lead and oversee the funding, operational, financial, and administrative functions of the Organization.
- Maintain a robust and effective fund development program. Develop, promote, and oversee all fund development activities.
- Oversee with Fundraising Committee to achieve specific established targets.
- Routinely assess fund development goals and revise strategies as necessary.
- Nurture and strengthen donor relations. Serve as point of contact for all current and potential donors.
- Responsible for donor relations.
Operations and Administrations
- Ensure the Organization is in compliance with its Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Manage and coordinate information and database systems to best utilize technology in the internal and external communication with staff, volunteers, constituents, community, and interested parties.
- Cultivate and manage vendor relations.
- Manage day-to-day operational functions in a manner that is both professional and representative of the Organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
- Cultivate community relationships, form partnerships, and manage contracts.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of marketing, PR, and outreach strategy.
- Serve as the Organization’s Human Resource official.
- Ensure that the Organization operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate licenses, worker’s compensation, and insurance coverages.
- Ensure that the Organization’s Policies and Procedures Manual is routinely updated and implemented.
- Ensure effective maintenance of the Organization’s database system.
- Monitor all fiscal matters and ensure prudent and effective management of all resources.
- Ensure timely and accurate deposits of all earned income and donations.
- Oversee all accounting and payroll functions.
- Prepare and recommend an annual operating budget for Board approval.
- Ensure timely preparation of updated financial and other operational reports for the Board.
- Work alongside Board-approved CPA to complete annual 990.
- Evaluate planned and unplanned financial impacts on the organization and provide options and recommendations to the Board for implementing financial solutions.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board.
- Attend all Board Meetings and Executive Committee Meetings.
- Report to the Board at the monthly Board Meeting on the performance of the Organization as it relates to fiscal management, operations, public relations, and personnel issues.
- Develop and recommend to the Board the broad goals and objectives of the Organization.
- Promote and participate in Board development, recruitment, and training.
- Collaborate with the Board in the development and implementation of Strategic Plan and other long-range planning efforts, including fund development strategies.
- Directly supervise the Program Director.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff members in identifying challenges, solution planning, and decision making in carrying out their job responsibilities.
- Evaluate bi-annual employee performance and growth compared to established mission and performance criteria.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment regulations and legal requirements.
- Inform the Board about personnel matters.
Marketing and Community Relations
- Participate in public presentations and media releases to maintain and enhance the image of the Organization
- Ensure a vibrant and user-friendly web presence.
- Ensure social media networking efforts.
- Publish quarterly e-newsletters.
- Expand the Organization’s community presence.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No other method of application will be accepted. No phone calls or inquiries.
References should be available upon request.